These are some articles that I’ve had bookmarked for awhile that I thought I’d share:
- “Unbelievable Cat-friendly House Design From Japan” from Modern Cat – This shows some photographs of an amazing house designed in Japan with the feline resident in mind. It has hidey-holes, shelves for climbing, and a partitioned bathroom—all of this incorporated into a beautiful home so it’s not so obviously crazy cat lady.
- “Live Slow, Die Old” from The Scientist – The world’s most efficient organism…when it comes to Caloric consumption. Some incredibly old bacteria living on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean have not eaten anything in 86 million years.
- “MIT’s artificial leaf is 10 times more efficient than the real thing” from Wired UK – I think this quote sums it up: “With a single gallon of water, Nocera says, the chip could produce enough electricity to power a house in a developing country for an entire day.”
- “Computer scientists form mathematical formulation of the brain’s neural networks” from Phys.org – AI research, modeled on the brain’s own system of neural networks. (Why can’t I be working on interesting research like this??)
- “Bioengineers Make DNA Into a Living Flash Drive from IEEE Spectrum – Sounds so cyberpunk, doesn’t it? But it’s not. Researchers have been able to store data in the DNA, and then retrieve it successfully.